Key Stage 2 results – Summer 2019
We are delighted with our end of Key Stage 2 results and are extremely proud of our Year 6 children who worked hard towards their Year 6 assessments. Our results will be validated (confirmed) by the DfE in the next academic year, but the main details are listed below:
- In Mathematics 87% of our children reached the expected standard (above the 79% national score). Of these children, 34% reached the higher standard (achieving a score of more than 110 in their test)
- In Reading, 80% of our children reached the expected standard (above the 73% national score). Of these children, 25% reached the higher standard.
- In Writing, 81% of our children reached the expected standard (above the 78% national score). Of these children, 28% reached the higher standard
- In Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPAG), 83% of our children reached the expected standard (above the 78% national score). Of these children, 38% achieved the higher standard
- 68% of our children achieved the expected standard in Reading, Writing and This is above the national score of 65%.
As you can see in the table below, our results in all areas of the SATs are improving year on year and show our quality of education going from strength to strength!
|Subject||Subject Percentage of children reaching the expected standard|
|All subjects combined||68%||67%||59%|
Our results show:
- Our children’s attainment in all areas is increasing year on year
- From 2018 we are consistently above national scores in all areas
- From 2017 to 2019 we have seen a 19% rise in attainment in Mathematics
- From 2017 to 2019 we have seen a 10% rise in attainment in Reading
- From 2017 to 2019 we have seen a 15% rise in attainment in SPAG
As well as attainment, SATs results also indicate the progress children have made from the end of Key Stage 1 to the end of Key Stage 2. A progress score of 0 indicates that on average children made similar progress to other children across the country who had the same results at Key Stage 1.
A positive progress score 0+ indicates that on average pupils made more progress than other children across the country. Our Progress scores are as follows:
|Reading: 1.36||Writing: 2.14||Mathematics: 2.67|
We will continue to build on these successes and remain committed to ensuring our children achieve their full potential.
Average Scaled Scores:
|Reading : 104||Writing : N/A||Mathematics : 106.1|
Congratulations to all our children and staff on another successful year!